Explain any three properties of matter waves.
(1) Matter wave represents the probability of finding a particle in space.
(2) Matter waves are not electromagnetic in nature.
(3) de-Brogile or matter wave is independent of the charge on the material particle. It means, matter wave of de-Broglie wave is associated with every moving particle (whether charged or uncharged).
(4) Practical observation of matter waves is possible only when the de-Broglie wavelength is of the order of the size of the particles.
(5) Electron microscope works on the basis of de-Broglie waves.
(6) The phase velocity of the matter waves can be greater than the speed of the light.
(7) Matter waves can propagate in vacuum, hence they are not mechanical
(8) The number of de-Broglie waves associated with nth orbital electron is n.
(9) Only those circular orbits around the nucleus are stable whose
circumference is integral multiple of de-Broglie wavelength associated with the orbital electron.